Audactile is my personal project to create a simple media player with a small, but good set of features. I want to merge the good things I’ve seen in other media players and eliminate their useless things.
A good list of features and guidelines I have in mind:
- Clean and simple interface
- Support for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Use Qt modules as much as possible and avoid having dozens of extra dependencies
- Amarok 1.4, I miss you
- Scrobbling to Last.fm
- Fetch information about artists and music lyrics automatically
- Collection/library support
Audactile is based on Qt and is developed in C++. It’s my first project using them, so it’s natural that the source code becomes better as time goes by. I’m trying to use Qt modules as much as I can. It uses Phonon to play audio, Qt SQL modules to handle the database, Qt XML patterns to handle XML data…
Audactile is licensed under GPLv2. You are free to download the source code and have fun with it. Please send me your patches.